Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Be an angel with Halo

We all know about the devastation that Hurricane Katie caused down in Louisville. Well, instead of sitting around playing Halo and doing nothing, I've decided to do something. And so, with the click of a button, I bought a T-shirt. Not just any T-shirt mind you, but a Halo "Fight the Flood" T-shirt.

That's right, gang. Halo gamers are uniting to bring hurricane relief to the victims and to collect limited edition swag, in the form of a T-shirt. My brother and I have already ordered ours. The price tag on this bad boy is $20. However, $15 of that goes straight to Red Cross for hurricane relief.

As of September 9th Bungie has raised $120,450 in relief money from the T-shirts. I find this is a shining example of what the gaming community can offer. Not only do we like to kill each other for sport, but in the face of true disastor we can help out as well.


Barked by 3kalb at 6:19 PM
Give a dog a bone

1 Comments:

Blogger 3kalb said...

Shit yeah, honkey! I also geeked out and ordered a big master chief poster.

September 15, 2005 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home